North Carolina Senate
Deputy Minority Leader
Committee Assignments, 2017-2018 Session
Standing or Select Committee:
- Appropriations on Health and Human Services
- Appropriations/Base Budget
- Education/Higher Education
- Health Care
- Select Committee on Nominations
About the Senator
- Eight years in the North Carolina Senate.
- Deputy Minority Leader in NC Senate.
- Ten years on the NC Board of Governors.
- Over Forty-five years of leadership of a thriving nonprofit
- Nonprofit consultant and trainer
Community Service Matters:
- Sunday school teacher at Providence Baptist Church
- Bennett College for Women Board of Trustees, Chairperson
- Member of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- NC Task Force on Alzheimer’s disease and Related Dementia
- NC Minority Health Advisory Council
- NC Public School Forum
- Democratic Women of Guilford County
- NC Legislative Black Caucus Foundation
- Life Member, North Carolina PTAs
- NAACP, Life Member
- National Council of Negro Women
Work Hard for Guilford County:
- Planned Parenthood 2017 Health Hero Award
- NC Association of Local Health Directors-Legislator of the Year
- Southern Health Association Outstanding Legislator Award
- NC Justice Center- Defenders of Justice Award
- Working America- Strong Commitment to Affordable and Quality Health Care Award
- UNCF Alumni Hall of Fame Award
- Trailblazer Award for Beautiful Butterflies Lupus foundation.
- Lillian’s List of NC Featured Legislator
- Undergraduate degree, Bennett College
- M.S. and Ph.D., NC A&T State University
- Health Executives, UCLA/Johnson& Johnson
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out the form below and a campaign representative will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!